The Earthian Worldview
The Earthian Worldview represents a unified worldview for all Earthians. It functions as the moral and ethical foundation for humanity. Individuals can take personal actions using the Personal Action Planner for ideas.
As a supporter of the Earthian Manifesto, I agree to take action and strive for personal progress in the following “Earthian” attitudes and behaviors:
Respect for Man
- Treat all human beings with respect and consideration. Treat others as we wish them to treat us.
Respect and Preserve Nature
- Take responsibility for any impacts on nature and treat all creatures decently
- Protect and restore Earth’s ecological systems and regenerative capabilities
Help the Poor
- Help eradicate poverty as an ethical, social and environmental imperative
- Support universal access to education, healthcare and economic opportunity
Practice a Sustainable Lifestyle
- Use all natural resources frugally and efficiently, particularly fossil fuels
- Moderate material consumption: reduce, reuse and recycle
- The protection of human rights and those of the rest of nature is a worldwide responsibility that transcends all cultural, ideological and geographical boundaries. This responsibility is both individual and collective.
I support the following features of a global society:
- Tolerance – Tolerance for diversity of race, color, nationality or religion
- Care – Caring for the community of life, with understanding and compassion
- Non-violence – Promote a global society of non-violence, tolerance and peace
- Equality – Equal rights for everyone, including the right to life, liberty and security of person; to peaceful assembly and association; to participation in government; to education; to the freedoms of thought, conscience and religion; to inquiry and expression.
- Participation – Inclusive participation in decision-making
- Governance – Provide transparency and accountability in governance, and access to justice.
- Development – Human development that does not threaten the integrity of nature or the survival of other species
- Sustainability – Meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs
Note: This Creed was developed from material in the Earth Charter from Earth Charter International (www.earthcharter.org).